Sunday, November 25, 2007

election results are in...

...and Labor wins. I am happy with the results, I wanted Labor to win.

I am not a hard core Labor or Kevin Rudd supporter -In fact I am nervous about Labor's economic management skills, their inexperienced team and whether Labor will fulfill their ambitious promises without affecting the economy too much. I am also worried about Trade Unions abusing their powers and ruining small businesses-rather, I was really getting tired of John Howard's conservative policies, his inaction towards climate change, his lack of long term vision for Australia (not investing for the future while Australia is enjoying a resource boom) and most importantly him mis-leading the country (not him directly, but using plausible deniability)-Remember "Baby overboard" and his compassion less stand on refugees -Remmber Tampa

Said that, I do acknowledge he is a great leader and a very clever politician [latter is not exactly a complement :)]

Hope Labor makes full use of this win and prove to Australia they can govern. We have to wait and see...

No comments: